Product Testing Methods
Smart Nano Materials products pass rigorous and well documented tests before we release them to market.
Ballistic Testing for Smart Nano ArmorTM Products
- Each test piece, from Proof-Of-Concept (POC), through Prototyping and Qualification is identified with a unique serial number, tested, photographed, measured, and documented.
- In-house testing capabilities include: 9mm, .357 mag, .44 mag, 7.62mm AP, and 50-cal AP.
Explosive and IED Testing for Smart Nano ArmorTM Products
- All explosive and IED testing is performed at DoD approved test facilities.
- 3rd party testing capabilities include custom IEDs and EFPs
Partner test/analytical facilities for Smart Nano Armor and Smart Materials Products
- In-house test range with American Armor (9mm through 7.62mm AP and 50-cal AP)
- DoD approved test facility at Southwest Research Institute (SwRI)
- 7.62mm AP, 50-cal AP, and IED testing & qualification
- Instron machine for testing mechanical properties
- SEM and other analytical instrumentation